South Carolina State Library | Columbia, SC
Columbia combines all the graces of the rich past with the vibrance of the emerging Sun Belt. It's the state capital and home to a major university. One of America's outstanding zoos, Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens, is just minutes from the state capital. The State Museum also tells the colorful history of South Carolina. If you like water sports, Lake Murray is a 50,000-acre playground less than 15 minutes from the heart of the city.
The South Carolina State Library is the primary administrator of federal and state support for the state's libraries. SCSL bears responsibility for public library development, service for the blind and physically handicapped, and library service to state government agencies. The Agency is a locus for collaborative library endeavors of all kinds and works closely with the University of South Carolina’s School of Library and Information Science. Headquartered in downtown Columbia, SCSL is well-supported with state and federal funds. We serve the people of South Carolina by supporting state government and libraries to provide opportunities for learning in a changing environment. The State Library succeeds because of the people we employ: Passionate professionals who believe South Carolina library users deserve first-rate resources, services, and support. We are seeking talented, enthusiastic individuals who wish to join us in making a contribution to the development of great public libraries. The South Carolina State Library is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
The Network Administrator designs, installs, and implements all layers of network infrastructures to include local area networks, wireless access, structured wiring, switches, routers, etc. for network servers and telecommunications networks. Plans and manages small to large scale network projects. Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving complex network and infrastructure issues. Provides preventative action recommendations and assists in finding solutions to recurring network problems. Designs configurations and installs hardware.
- Starting salary range $42,000-55,000 depending on experience
- Benefits Include: vacation (15 days per year); sick leave (15 days per year); holidays (13 days per year), standard benefits package and South Carolina State Retirement System
- Administers a robust and secure LAN/Wi-Fi/WAN infrastructure.
- Experience with setup/configuring/implementing wired and wireless network technologies.
- Manages domain services: Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, DNS, DHCP, and WSUS.
- Administers physical and virtual servers, network shares, SAN data storage, and device configurations.
- Provides hands-on installation and setup of network infrastructure technologies; servers, switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting client side technologies (ex. desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, tablets, etc.).
- Develops, maintains, and delivers reports that detail support activities, usage levels, and change events on a monthly basis.
- Monitors health of, and performs ongoing maintenance for, technology infrastructure.
- Recommends technology improvements.
- Has knowledge of security standards and best practices.
Education ad Work Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and experience in information technology systems or related area. Relevant experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience in automated information or communication system design, installation, operation, and repair.
- Technology certifications (CCNA, MCSA, GIAC, etc.) preferred.
- Experience working in K-12 environment is a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced with firewall technologies, Layer 3 switching, TCP/IP, NAT, VLAN, Subnetting, VoIP, Ethernet and fiber connectivity.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory and services (SLDAP, NTFS, DHCP, DNS, etc.).
- Knowledge of various technologies in support of SAN/NAS, virtualization, and platform maintenance.
- Skilled in network design and equipment configuration in support of TCP/IP, Data and Voice connectivity.
- Skilled in remote side troubleshooting.
- Skilled in effective communication and quality customer service with the ability to present technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiar with training, reporting, and documentation development, and presentation.
All applications must be submitted online at www.careers.sc.gov
- Work occurs in a typical office environment and is primarily sedentary. Some travel is required.
- Complete the State application to include all current and previous work/salary history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed in lieu of a completed state application to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references; reference and background check will be conducted.
- If you have any questions concerning this job posting, please email Deborah Pack, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.